Rock Creek Master Assoc
Login | Register
About Us
Resale Information
Contact Us
Board Members
Upcoming Events
Paying Your
Meeting Minutes
Who to Contact for...
Sites of Interest

  • Who is the management company for the association?
    Client Services Center - 855-947-2636
    Technical Support for Resident Portal - 855-877-2472
    357 McCaslin Blvd, Suite 200
    Louisville, CO 80027 
    (Office Evolution Building)
  • Where does the HOA get its authority to enforce restrictions?
    The answer lies in a complicated hierarchy of governing documents that can be confusing. HOAs are regulated at the State level by the Colorado Common Interest Ownership Act (“CCIOA”), which sets requirements for everything from our meetings to our administration of fines and collections, as well as certain architectural approval procedures. The Rock Creek Ranch Final Development Plan dictates many architectural and land use aspects. The HOA’s Master Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions (aka Master Decs, or CC&Rs, or Covenants) is the central governing document around which the HOA was originally established and contains many of the over-arching rules the Board has the duty of enforcing.
    The above three governing sources – CCIOA, the FDP, and the CC&Rs – are very difficult to change. Even the Board’s ability under law to offer exemptions or variances is extremely limited. For example, while the Board has some flexibility in the interpretation of the covenants, changing or adding a covenant in the CC&Rs requires the agreement of two-thirds of the 2,804 lot owners and two thirds of the mortgage holders in the HOA – practically impossible.
    Rounding out the governance sources are the HOA’s own Bylaws and the various guidelines, requirements, and practices established under the authority of the covenants by the Board and its Architectural Control Committee. These cannot conflict with, or override, the higher documents, but the Board at least can make changes to the bylaws, guidelines, and requirements it creates.
    The above governing documents apply to the Rock Creek Master HOA as well as its sub-HOAs, Waterford and The Summit. (There is a similar structure for the HOAs in Superior that are not part of the Rock Creek Master HOA, such as Saddlebrooke and The Ridge. The Bell Flatirons apartments are not part of the HOA).
    Note that the Town of Superior is not part of this governing hierarchy. While the Town has significant jurisdiction over many aspects of governance in Rock Creek – building codes, street traffic, policing, taxes, and maintenance of our common areas to name a few – the Town does not have direct governance over the HOA.
    As one of the larger HOAs in Colorado, we stay on top of the State and other laws relating to HOAs that affect us and our members, and we have the professional (and licensed) management and legal resources to make sure we are fully compliant in all that we do. The documents cited above are available on the Resources page at
  • Where can I get information on staining or repairing my fence?
    For fence repair and staining product visit the ACC page of this website.
  • I plan to paint my house using the existing colors. Do I need to submit an ACC?
    Are paint chips required? The answer is “yes”. All repainting requires an ACC request application and written approval back from the ACC, even if the colors are the same or close to what now exists. There are many reasons for this. (1) One reason is that we need to record the most recent physical standard for the colors – the paint chips or samples – in your file before the previous colors are repainted, and verify that the colors are an exact match. (2) Plus, there is no guarantee that we have a record (samples) of your colors from what could be 7 to 10 years ago, either because of the lack of a record from previous ACC members and management companies, or in the cases where a home was painted without legal approval and not discovered in inspection. (3) The formal written approval includes important requirements about how the colors – if approved – can be used, and other technical specifications that are part of the approval. Some of these requirements may have changed since the last time your house was painted by you or a previous owner. And finally, (4) as we update our color schemes over time, some combinations may no longer be approved, or may require some adjustment in one or another color in the combination. Note: If you can show that your requested colors are the same colors that were originally used when the house was built – and are to be used in the same way – they will be approved, but an ACC request form with new paint samples (chips) is still required and written approval must be received.
  • Are there rules regarding solar panels?
    Solar Panel Installation Guidelines and Requirements can be found on the Resources page of this website.
  • Courtesy & Covenant Violations, Why did I receive....
    What is the process, why did I receive multiple letters, and why can’t notification be by email?
    The management company performs a monthly inspection of Rock Creek (every property, every month) looking for covenant violations (weeds, trash containers, fence maintenance, landscaping issues, house painting requirements etc.).  This inspection is the most common means for a “courtesy letter’ to be initiated.  Once a covenant infraction is noticed a “courtesy letter” is sent via first class mail to notify the member of the concern.  This courtesy letter establishes a 25 day period to correct the problem. 
    If you receive a courtesy letter and have questions, wish to challenge it, or want to request additional time to correct the issue, you are urged to contact the Community Manager immediately and open a dialogue. You should keep notes of your conversations and copies of your correspondence. If you do not respond within 25 days, you can expect to receive a notice of violation with the assessment of a fine. Again, you should respond immediately to the Community Manager to minimize any penalties and work out a satisfactory solution.  We are required by the Rock Creek Declaration of Covenants to send these notifications by U.S. Mail, and pursuant to the Association’s Covenant Enforcement policy fine notices are also sent by certified mail, return receipt requested.  The multiple mailings may seem like overkill, but they are required by the Covenants, and the system that we use to generate these letters does not, at this time, allow for us to additionally send these notices by email. 
  • What do I do if I am missing a trash can or recycle bin?
    Visit the "Resources" page of this website for information regarding the current trash and recycle provider, service and holiday schedules, missing containers, etc.
  • How much are the HOA dues?
    Information on the current year assessment and how to initiate payment are available on the "Paying Your Assessment" page of this website.
  • Who do I call about graffiti?
     If you come across graffiti in Superior, call Town Hall at 303-499-3675 to report it. If you have to leave a message, be as descriptive as possible about where it is located so town staff can find it. It is the goal of the town to remove graffiti within 24 hours of it being reported.
  • If I have an issue with snow removal, who do I speak with?
    Snow removal from the streets in Rock Creek and all of Superior is handled by the Town of Superior.  If you have an issue or comment about snow removal, please contact the Town of Superior.
  • How can I get more information about the Summit at Rock Creek Townhomes sub-association?
    The Summit at Rock Creek Townhomes are managed by:
    Association & Community Management
    9250 West 5th Avenue
    Lakewood, CO 80226
    303-233-4646 Phone
    303-233-1018 Fax
  • Where can I get information about the Abtco Siding class-action settlement?
    Please visit for more information.